Capacity Modeling Assessment
When the forecast calls for rain…..
Protect against Volatile Business Climates with Our Capacity Modeling Assessment[wbcr_html_snippet id=”4520″]
Too many organizations either don’t model their capacity, or try to model finite scheduling capacity within their rough-cut model.
The result – capacity shortages occurring when it’s too late to recover, or a model with a level of precision that doesn’t provide value for the level of effort required to constrain a plan over an 18+ month demand horizon.
ChainSequence and Expero have joined forces to offer a rapid-response solution that evaluates key areas of your Supply Chain’s organization’s current capability to model and manage long-term capacity for rough-cut planning. Our team then recommends improvements based on your specific capacity modeling requirements:
Recognize these issues? Fill out the contact form below to find out how you can avoid the storm!
- “Capacity is rarely a constraining issue……until it is, and then it’s a chaotic event”
- “Rough-cut capacity modeling isn’t accurate enough”
- “The complexities of manufacturing our products make it difficult to define a reasonably accurate capacity model”
- “Capacity planning is more reactive than proactive”
- “Supply commits to our customers are unreliable”
- “We have advanced planning technology in place, but don’t understand how to configure it to support our own capacity model”
- “Volatile demand is wreaking havoc on our capacity planning”
Rough-cut Capacity Modeling Can be Complicated
- Many diverse product lines
- Shared capacities across multiple product lines
- Complex product structures
- Multi-sourced locations
- Potential constraints in tools, labor, warehousing, and distribution
These can make capacity modeling challenging, but not impossible –
The key word is “Rough-cut”; Reasonably accurate vs. precisely wrong
Benefits of our Capacity Modeling Assessment
- Discover key strengths and weakness of your current process
- Evaluate usability and effectiveness of your current capacity modeling
- Improve consistency of current process with future vision of policies and procedures
- Recommend enhancements for a more proactive model with higher supply reliability
- Propose visualization/representation of your organization’s capacity model